Thursday, October 24, 2013

New Fashion mixed


This fall shopping list is a little late, but in my defense it is so beautiful here in NYC this time of year that it feels like fall has just gotten started.
1) Luxe Sweatshirts: I have really been enjoying the recent crop of “fancy” sweat shirts that have been cropping up recently. I like the idea of taking something basic/simple/necessary, and then kicking it up a notch. The flip side of course, is that if you are going to spend this much  money on something so basic you are going to need to wear it forever in order to make the cost per wear worth it in the long run. I like the idea of buying one sweatshirt that can kick it both to work with a fancy necklace, and then on the weekends with some  boyfriend jeans and mocs. Alexander Wang makes the grandaddy of luxe sweatshirts, but I also like the Three Dots Easy Fit Sweatshirt, and a Terry Sweatshirt from the Gap.
2) Flowy blouses are what I want to wear all autumn long, and then plan to layer under a warm cardigan once it starts to get cold. This Stand Collar blouse from Uniqlo looks like a perfect neutral, and I am also hearing great things about the Silk Blouses from Everlane.
3) A classic pea coat. Each and every year I swear I am going to invest in a great peacoat. I remember picking out a classic one in high school with my mom, and I wore it year in and year out. Uniqlo has a nice one, though I have to admit I can’t get enough of the gold buttons on the Majesty Peacoat from JCrew.
4) Clogs: I really want a pair of No. 6 or Swedish Hasbeen slip-on mules. I think they will be great to wear for early fall with bare feet, and then layer on some wooly socks once the weather starts to get a little chilly. I can’t get peep toe mules out of my head, though I was pretty glad to pull my No. 6 boots out of storage to wear again for this fall.
5) Leopard belt. Here’s another eBay score for me, but the original version in “little leopard” is currently on sales over at JCrew.
6) Go Sox and Go Pats! I’ve been wanting a Tom Brady jersey so I can wear my New England pride all over Brooklyn. I picked up mine for about $35 on eBay, but you can grab yours over at the NFL Shop. Old Navy also has some cute Team Spirit gear.
7) The perfect denim shirt. I am sure there are more noble pursuits in the world, but a good chunk of my brain has recently been taken up by searching for a perfect denim shirt.  I could devote whole post to this topic (and probably will) but for now I thank Madewell for coming to the rescue.
8) Leather Tote. I was down on leather totes for years since I thought they were too heavy. Until the amazing rich color of the Madewell Transport Tote finally won me over. My main concern about this bag was weight, and was the handle drop long enough. Happy to report the weight is good, and handles have been OK so far and the big test will be when I bring out my giant winter parkas. Until then this bag has been my constant companion throughout the fall. I’ll be doing a whole post on this guy soon enough!
9) Black skinny Jeans. Can anybody have too many pairs of black skinny jeans?

No comments:

Post a Comment